General Maintenance Instructions
for Straight Sliding, Tangent, Council & Runways 290, 301, 301H, 305, 307
- Keep track free from obstruction and excessive dirt or water.
- Where fitted to the outside of the building, it is recommended that a protective canopy is fitted (not by PCH).
- Lubricate track running surfaces with a suitable, good quality automotive grease every six months.ï¿½ Increase lubrication frequencyï¿½in exposed locations or where doors are constantly being operated.ï¿½ In very dusty locations greasing is not recommended, and if possible nylon wheeled hangers should be fitted, which eliminates the need for track greasing.
- All hangers are fitted with sealed lubricated ballbearings or plain bearings, requiring no greasing.
- If doors 'settle' and door clearance is reduced causing friction, raise the door by the hanger adjustment nuts.
- Guide roller and guide channel must be kept clear and free of obstructions.
- Guide roller spindles must be oiled and greased every six months.
- Inspect all fixing bolts for tightness every six months, including those securing brackets. Tighten if necessary.
- Lubricate all moving parts and check for wear. If excessively worn, the part should be replaced.
If in doubt about anything in these guidelines contact P C Henderson Technical Sales.