A cookie is a small file containing just text, downloaded on to a device when a user accesses certain web sites. Cookies are useful because they allow a web site to recognise a user’s device.
- monitor how many visitors use the site, how they find the site, which pages they visit and what computer systems they are using
- help us improve the site and make it work well for all users
- help us market the site cost-effectively, keeping our costs down
Which cookies are used?
This site uses:
- Google Analytics cookies to monitor how many users are using the site, how they find the site, which pages they visit and what type of devices they are using. As an example, this information can help us see how many users are using mobile phones and how many are using computer monitors of various sizes. We can view reports analysing this information, but we can’t identify individual users – see: https://developers.google.com/
- cookies set by Google Maps
- YouTube cookies if you play a video hosted on the YouTube site
- session cookies are used for all users; this cookie expires when you leave the site
- Cookies used to remember user type
Can any of the cookie information identify individuals?
We cannot identify individual users from these cookies.
Can I stop cookies being saved on my computer?
Users who do not want to have cookies saved on their computers or other devices can block them – see the information below. Users who do not block cookies are presumed to have given their consent to the cookies used on this site.
- more information about cookies – see: www.allaboutcookies.org/
- more information about the European Directive – see the Information Commissioner’sOffice (ICO) web site: www.ico.gov.uk/
- how to block cookies in your web browser (bear in mind that many web sitesmay not function normally for you if you do this) – see: www.allaboutcookies.org/
P C Henderson Limited appreciates your interest in our products and your visit to our web site www.pchenderson.com
It is important to us that you feel comfortable in visiting our web site. There are times however when we may need information from you. Any personal information that you may give us including your e-mail address is used in the following ways.
If you give us personal information in order to receive information in return from us – for instance brochures, catalogues, price lists, the details of your nearest distributor – we collect and store that information. That information enables us to fulfil your information request. If you review or download information, we track the visit. That information is helpful, amongst other things, to provide you with tailored information and to give us information about which part of the site is frequented.
We do not sell any of the information collected or stored about you.
Distributors and Contractors
We sell our Sliding Door Gear products through a network of distributors and we may from time to time employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, carrying out surveys and installations, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. Our contractors and distributors have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
The web site may contain links to non-P C Henderson web sites. P C Henderson Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of such web sites.
Worried about using your payment card online?
Our site uses Secure Server software that encrypts your credit or debit card information to ensure your transaction with us is private and protected as it travels over the Internet. When you are on the pages which collect your personal information or payment details look for “https” at the beginning of the website address and for the padlock icon at the bottom of your browser window. This tells you that the connection is secure.
Every payment transaction we process is checked by our fraud control systems to validate the authenticity and validity of the payment cards used, as well as indicators of possible fraudulent use.
In the unlikely event of fraudulent or unauthorised use of your payment card in online transactions, most banks and card issuers which subscribe to the Banking Code either cover all the charges or may limit your liability to just £50.00. For a list of subscribing banks see www.bankingcode.org.uk/whosigned_f.htm