P C Henderson 2019: A Year in Review
by Kate Donkin
2019 was a remarkable year for P C Henderson - it included some major product launches, a successful international tradeshow, multiple projects around the world - as well as announcing the businesses return to the garage door market.
As we enter a new decade, and approach our 100th year in business, we thought we’d take a moment to reflect on the achievements of 2019:
International Tradeshow - BAU
P C Henderson began 2019 by exhibiting at leading international trade show BAU - held in Munich, Germany. Being the world’s leading trade fair for architecture, materials and systems - the exhibition attracts over 250,000 visitors from across the world. Showcasing a range of flagship products including Securefold, Pocket Door Pro, Shutter Slide and Flexirol Multidirectional - the P C Henderson stand proved a huge success amongst visitors.
2019 saw the launch of three exciting new products into the range:
- Pocket Door Pro: The launch of our Pocket Door Pro system has been very well received due to its flexible and versatile functionality options. Available in standard, soft close, self-close, fire rated and automated variants - the system caters for a maximum door weight of 120kg. Pocket Door Pro has been designed using a robust aluminium cavity frame and push together parts for easy installation. To support customers further - we have also recently launched an installation video to guide customers along the installation process.
- Husky Soft Stop: Designed to further enhance our popular Husky Sliding system, we launched our Husky Soft Stop system back in March. Catering for doors weighing up to 100kg, Husky Soft Stop offers dual soft close and open which gently decelerates the door and pulls it into its final position, preventing slamming.
- Rustic Top Mount: We also expanded our Rustic sliding barn door hardware range to include Rustic Top Mount. Designed with hangers which are mounted to the top of the door, the system provides an alternative and contemporary style to our classic Rustic 100 system. Available in matt black and stainless steel, Rustic Top Mount provides our customers with increased versatility and the ability to produce some creative installations.
Alongside the introduction of three new products to the range, we have also made a number of improvements to our existing range. In June, our popular Rustic sliding barn door hardware was extensively tested in our in-house facilities in order to increase the weight capacity to 100kg. Previously certified to 80kg, the new capacity allows end users to combine the hardware with virtually any door style and size.
Projects around the World
At P C Henderson, we love to see where our products end up around the world, whether it be hotels, offices, homes or anywhere else. Below are a few examples of projects from 2019:
- Our Husky Telescopic system was specified for 314 rooms within the Intercontinental Hotel Shanghai Wonderland, the world’s first underwater quarry hotel. The systems were used to create movable walls between the bedroom and the bathroom, allowing for a modern and open plan design whilst ensuring privacy when required.
- Our Soltaire 250 sliding door hardware was specified for an extensive renovation project at the Intercontinental Hotel in Bali. The sliding door system was to hold two large partition doors, separating the dining area of the restaurant and the open plan kitchen. Weighing approximately 230kg each, our Soltaire 250 was able to comfortably cater for such heavy doors whilst also ensuring smooth and effortless operation.
Relaunch of Henderson Garage Doors
In September, P C Henderson announced our return to the garage door market. Partnering with longstanding garage door manufacturer Gliderol Garage Doors, P C Henderson has launched a premium range of sectional garage doors.
What to Expect in 2020
2020 will see P C Henderson launch a number of new products, including Pocket Door Pro Fire Rated for bi-parting doors which can be expected to be launched at the beginning of quarter two. We will also be launching a new bi-passing version of our Rustic 100 as well as a whole new set of handles and flush pulls.
We will also soon be releasing our 2020 product brochure which contains a wealth of information including dimension drawings, links to installation videos and a specification list for each product. Make sure to check our blog and social media channels to stay up to date.